DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. — The Daytona Beach Police Department responded to reports of a 6-year-old boy from Yulee drowning on Saturday, Aug. 3, according to the police report.
When police arrived, they found the boy being given CPR by paramedics. The boy was transported to the hospital where he died.
- Alligator spotted sunbathing on the beach in Amelia Island
- Trailer fire on I-295 at Roosevelt Boulevard
- Mom saved from burning car by Clay County Fire Rescue
- Surveillance: Suspects in Kings Cafe shooting on Edgewood
- Florida man 'intrigued' by weekend shootings accused of threatening Walmart where mom worked
The boy's father told police that he took his eyes off his two sons playing in waste-deep water and when he looked back he only saw one of his sons. The father assumed Lamar had walked out of the wave pool and into the children's play-area, according to the report.
The father was waling around the wave pool when he saw a witness performing CPR on his son, the report says.
If you would like to help the family, here is more information.
© 2020 Cox Media Group