ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. - St. Johns County deputies are searching for a man accused of exposing himself to a female employee at a St. Augustine clothing store.
The employee told deputies she’s seen the suspect in the store “numerous” times in the past.
There were no cameras inside the store where it happened so detectives are working to figure out if any nearby cameras captured any footage of him.
“Very shocked, you know, I just can’t imagine if it was happening to me,” Peggy Green said.
“It just makes me uncomfortable. I’m not necessarily, like, afraid of it. It’s just uncomfortable and weird,” Hartley Atwood said.
According to the police report, the man walked into the store Tuesday afternoon and tried on shorts.
He then called an employee and asked her for a different size. She handed him another pair and walked away.
He then called her again, “(this) time opening the door a little further. As she approached she saw him completely naked and with an erection.”
Deputies redacted the woman’s name and the store’s location to protect the victim’s identity since she’s considered the victim of a sex crime.
All deputies would say is that it happened in the 32092 ZIP code, somewhere along State Road 16.
That area does include the outlets malls.
“Well, right now I’m going to have my guard up because of it,” Green said.
The victim described the man as short, Hispanic, bald and chubby.
He took off after the incident in a dark colored SUV.
- Video shows dozens of whales beached on St. Simons Island
- Bookkeeper accused of stealing $4,000+ from Jacksonville schools
- Photos: Hundreds of local sailors return home aboard USS Fort McHenry
- CBS47 and FOX30 announce 4-year agreement to remain Official Stations of the Jacksonville Jaguars
- Jacksonville: Vote for songs you want the Rolling Stones to perform at Friday's concert
© 2019 Cox Media Group.