JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - We’re learning more about a couple who police say were involved in a murder-suicide at their Jacksonville home.
A SWAT team was called to the Wynnfield Lakes neighborhood on Wednesday afternoon.
Police say they found a couple dead after they were called for a welfare check.
Action News Jax uncovered divorce documents outlining the pending divorce of a couple that lived at the home.
The divorce papers were filed Tuesday, the day before the couple was found dead.
We’re not using their names because police are still notifying family members.
Sherry Myers lives down the street from the home.
She said she didn’t see the couple often.
“It’s very shocking," Myers said. "You don’t know what happens behind closed doors. People are hurting, I guess, we don’t know how badly sometimes."
Action News Jax Crime and Safety Expert Ken Jefferson said murder-suicide is not uncommon but it is hard to predict.
“Well these type of things are not uncommon when you have tension in a relationship,” he said. "It’s an intimate type of crime for whatever the reasons are -- stress, financial issues or whatever issues couples can have."
Trending on ActionNewsJax.com:
- Woman badly burned at Jacksonville Golden Corral, witnesses say
- Man charged with murder after woman found dead at St. Augustine motel
- Document: Divorce papers filed day before couple found dead after apparent murder-suicide
- Wildlife removal workers catch 5 1/2 foot snake in St. Johns County
- Baby sleeping while standing on head spooks aunt
© 2019 Cox Media Group.