CLAY COUNTY, Fla. - The driver who hit Clay County Deputy Ben Zirbel is now being cited for the crash.
Florida Highway Patrol issued the citation to Stephen Schioppa for failure to yield to oncoming traffic.
The final report on the crash investigation could be released this week.
August 19 will mark one year since the crash. Deputy Zirbel died two days later.
Troopers said the deputy was heading south on Blanding Boulevard when a northbound pickup truck towing a lawn trailer turned left and the vehicles collided.
Deputy Zirbel was thrown from his bike on impact.
On Monday, the Sheriff's Office will hold a wreath-laying ceremony in his memory.
- Pennsylvania man sought in deaths of stepmom, 10-year-old half-brother spotted in St. Johns County
- Photos: Car slams into store in Murray Hill
- Todd Chrisley, wife indicted by federal grand jury on tax evasion charges
- VIDEO: Mysterious fog leaves passengers on Jacksonville flight shaken
- One-of-a-kind indoor sports facility planned for St. Johns County
- Teen robbed after meeting someone online to buy an iPhone in Jacksonville
- Photos: Local students on their first day of school for 2019-2020 school year
© 2019 Cox Media Group.