Space heater may have caused fire that damaged Brentwood house

Possible space heater house fire

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — A local man is looking for another place to stay after his house went up in flames.

It happened on 46th Street early Monday morning in Jacksonville’s Brentwood area.

Video shows just how damaging the fire was to the home. The side of a neighbor’s home appeared to have melted and the headlights of a nearby SUV were also melted.

Content Continues Below

No one was hurt in the fire.

Firefighters believe the fire may have been caused by a space heater or an electrical issue.

They are warning families using space heaters to place it on the ground away from other items and to not overload extension cords.

Space heater may have cause Brentwood house fire