JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Starting Monday, oncology patients at Wolfson Children’s Hospital will have new, fun ways to walk around and socialize. It’s all thanks to the help of a local Life Scout. Action News Jax Courtney Cole got a look at how the project will make a difference in the young patients’ lives.
- Luke Moshos is a Life Scout member of Troop 277
- Moshos started researching the lily pad idea online for his Eagle Scout project.
- Moshos told Action News Jax another young man originally thought of this idea, but passed away around age 17 from cancer.
- Lily pads will allow young patients on the oncology floor of Wolfson Children’s Hospital to help them get out of the room a little easier --even help make it fun.
- Moshos said he thought the project was a good way to help the community.
- The scout also donated the $1,200 he had left over from his project to Wolfson Children’s Hospital
© 2021 © 2020 Cox Media Group