JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — The family of firefighter Justin Walker, who has been lost at sea for 22 days, is asking volunteers to walk the beaches.
"She's not willing to rest until she finds something," said Telisha Shugart, organizer of search.
A missing firefighter's wife is not ready to give up on her husband.
"They're heartbroken, and she's not willing to give up," said Shugart.
Firefighters Justin Walker and Brian McCluney went to sea for a day of fishing and never returned.
More than 146,000 acres were searched over 281 hours. Both families were right there with search crews helping. Walker's wife, Natasha, even took to the sky looking for her husband.
"The stamina, the strength this child has, anybody should look up to," said Shugart.
Shugart said Walker has continued searching even days after the search was called off by the Coast Guard. Now, she is asking for one more search, because the family is hoping Hurricane Dorian washed up some of the missing men's clothing.
- Dozens of firefighters help search for two men who went missing while fishing
- "This is a bread crumb they threw overboard": Missing firefighter's tackle bag found by boater
- Photos: Local firefighters to continue search for two missing boaters
- 'We're not giving up until these guys are found:' Search to continue for missing firefighters
- Missing boater's wife helps search by air as rescue efforts continue off Florida coast
- Missing firefighters: 180 volunteers searching off Jacksonville's coast
- Discovery of missing firefighter's tackle-bag helps steer search
- Wife of missing Jacksonville firefighter joins search for husband, friend
- Volunteers in Georgia join efforts to find firefighters lost at sea as search expands
- How to help in the search for missing firefighters lost at sea off Florida Coast
- Volunteer boater recounts covering hundreds of miles in search for missing firefighters
- Pilot searching for firefighters lost at sea says this is some of the hardest flying he's done
- Local doctors discuss what it takes to survive at sea as search continues for missing firefighters
- "People have lasted longer than 4 days at sea" Family, friends, neighbors don't give up on search
- Search for missing firefighters Brian McCluney, Justin Walker suspended at sunset
- Florida pilot won't give up looking for missing firefighters even after Coast Guard suspends search
- 'Unfortunately our best wasn't good enough,' S.C. volunteers finish up search for firefighters
- Family of missing firefighter raising donations to continue searches
"We have certain items of the boys that they were known to be wearing, that we are hoping that the storm at some point has washed up, or will wash up," Shugart said.
Shugart said she's hoping something viable will be found, so Walker can have some closure.
"She really loved her husband and she's incomplete without him," said Shugart.
They will be meeting at the Pier in St. Augustine at noon.
© 2020 Cox Media Group