PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. - Flagler County man is in jail for attempting to lure a 16-year-old girl to meet up for sex, but instead he was greeted by her parents and officers from the Putnam County Sheriff's Office.
According the PCSO, the officers began an investigation into 27-year-old Joseph Stream after parents of the teenage girl became aware that Stream was using Facebook Messenger to solicit their daughter for sex.
Stream, thinking he was conversing with the child, agreed to drive from Palm Coast to East Palatka with the intent of meeting and engaging in sexual activity with her, police said.
When Stream arrived at the Raceway Gas Station in East Palatka, he instead found the girl's parents and Putnam County deputies who arrested him on two counts of traveling to meet a child for sexual purposes, one count of using a communication device to facilitate a felony and violation of probation.
- Clay County mother in the fight for her life after being hit while walking her dog
- School turns down free Chick-fil-A lunch ‘out of respect for LGBTQ staff'
- Photos: Police need help identifying two people after incident at Salt Run in St. Augustine
- Deadly crash on the Mathews Bridge in Jacksonville
- LIST: Halloween events in the Jacksonville area
© 2019 Cox Media Group.