JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - A Florida nonprofit Current Initiatives is providing free laundry services and products to lower-income Jacksonville residents this weekend as part of its national campaign, The Laundry Project.
- St. Augustine dad whose wife, newborn died after delivery: 'God is always going to be there'
- Restaurant Report: Inspectors find vioations at local First Watch, Yobe Frozen Yogurt
- WATCH: JEA boilers, stack implodes in Jacksonville
- Orange Park school appears to be moving out, months after eviction battle
- Man arrested after allegedly raping 4-year-old at McDonald's during field trip
The project provides funds and laundry items necessary for people to wash and dry clothes and linens. Volunteers will be on had to assist with services, entertain kids and create a caring and inclusive space.
The free laundry event will take place Saturday, July 20 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at two locations:
- Discount Coin Laundry at 26 E 9th St., Jacksonville, FL 32206
- Discount Coin Laundry at 5552 Soutel Dr., Jacksonville, FL 32219
The event is sponsored by Simply Healthcare and Brick & Beam. Additional volunteers and donations are still needed -- community members can contribute by donating laundry detergent, bleach, $10 rolls of quarters, one-gallon Ziploc bags, garbage bags, fabric softener and laundry baskets.
For more information, go to the Laundry Project website.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.