JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - Former Jacksonville City Councilman Reggie Brown wants the judge to toss out his federal fraud conviction.
New documents filed Thursday show Brown wants either an acquittal or a new trial.
- Tumblr reports man with HIV uploading photo of himself having sexual relations with child
- Family: 19-year-old found shot to death in Arlington apartments was nine months pregnant
- Local mom hit by debris from nearby crash; driver takes off and smashes pumpkins
- Jacksonville armed robbery suspects sought, police say
- LIST: Halloween events in the Jacksonville area
Brown was convicted last week alongside former Councilmember Katrina Brown, who represented herself.
Reggie Brown argues "in the interest of justice," he deserves a new trial because there were error committed at his trial.
Fmr. COJ Councilman Reggie Brown wants acquittal/new trial after his federal fraud conviction. In new documents, Brown lists 5 reasons behind his request including "The verdicts are contrary to the weight of the evidence." @ActionNewsJax https://t.co/AQz5xxxvX4 pic.twitter.com/WGwAAnJfdC— Paige Kelton (@PaigeANjax) October 10, 2019
© 2019 Cox Media Group.