NASSAU COUNTY, Fla. - Nassau County Emergency Management says shelter in place if you’re in the Chester Road/SR 200 area because of a gas leak.
Content Continues Below:
- Boost Mobile employees arrested after selling meth, heroin at Middleburg store, CCSO says
- Clay County woman recovering from vaping lung disease speaks out about e-cigarette dangers
- Pastor and mental health advocate Jarrid Wilson dies of apparent suicide
- Jacksonville doctor recruits more doctors, nurses to go back to help those in need in Bahamas
- Missing New Mexico girl Renezmae Calzada found dead after 3-day search, police say
We’re told by the Nassau County Sheriff’s Office that a truck hit a gas line in the area Thursday which has prompted the notice.
⚠️⚠️⚠️Road Closed⚠️⚠️⚠️ https://t.co/rItVAumzhk— FHPJacksonville (@FHPJacksonville) September 12, 2019
Emergency management says crews are working to contain the leak and roads are blocked in the area.
The shelter in place notice will be in effect until further notice.
First Responders are working the scene of an active gas leak at SR-200 and Chester Rd in Yulee. Roads are blocked, and traffic is being detoured. Avoid the area. Residents in the immediate area should shelter in place until further notice. pic.twitter.com/QYpmXCZv7O— NassauEM (@NassauEM) September 12, 2019
© 2019 Cox Media Group.