GLYNN COUNTY, Ga. — A 9 foot 9 inch gator was trapped in Glynn County on Tuesday by the old Welcome Center at F J Torras Causeway and Glynn Avenue in Brunswick. The gator originally came out of the marsh along Highway 17.
Several people pulled the gator out of the bushes before it rolled around and tried to get away. The Brunswick Police Department had to clear a crowd of people in the parking lot.
- Child drowns in Baker County retention pond
- Neighbors worried inmates would escape after riot breaks out at Georgia prison
- Florida Senate passes bill to arm teachers
- "I think my mom sent her,": Nassau County mother looking for her 'Publix Angel'
- Mother of four killed in Putnam County crash
They then contacted the Georgia Department of Natural Resources Ranger and state troopers from Jesup, Ga., according to a Sergeant with the Brunswick Police Department.
The team was able to capture the gator safely.
MORE LOCAL GATORS STORIES: Boy fishing in Nocatee pond accidentally hooks alligator | SJSO, FWC work together to safely remove gator from pond near school | FWC investigates Jacksonville man who made beer run with gator in hand | Nuisance alligators become problem in Northeast Florida counties
Cox Media Group