ST. JOHNS COUNTY, Fla. — 9 A.M. UPDATE: Two southbound lanes on I-95 south are still blocked.
6:40 A.M. UPDATE: A left soutbound lane has opened. Traffic is still backed up about two miles.
All southbound lanes are shut down on I-95 south at the US 1/ Bunnell exit -- near the St. Johns County and Flagler County line due to a semi car carrier catching fire.
St. Johns County deputies say it was carrying nine vehicles at the time of the fire.
- Teen shot in fourth shooting reported in Jacksonville Tuesday night
- Wife of Clay County Sheriff Darryl Daniels files for a divorce
- 'Cease and desist' issued to Jacksonville adult entertainment club
- St. Augustine man arrested after pulling gun on woman who refused to try his vape pen at McDonald's
- Woman killed at fire station while trying to get away from husband, sheriff says
Video shows the carrier fully engulfed in flames. The fire has since been put out and crews are working to clean up in the area.
Traffic is currently being detoured. US 1 is your alterante route.
Action News Jax is working to learn if there are any injuries reported.
Cox Media Group