JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - Impact Church is hosting a construction kick-off ceremony on Saturday at Regency Square Mall from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. The public is welcome.
The event will be held in honor of construction that will start in the next 60 days at the space previously owned by the Belk department store.
This nearly 200,000 square feet of space will be the new home for Impact Church. Construction documents are being finalized. Permitting will follow immediately, with the demolition and renovation expected to start no later than Jan. 1, 2020.
- 11 days, 17 shootings, 22 victims: Jacksonville's violent October
- First Alert Weather: Tropical disturbance over the Gulf to bring rain for parts of the weekend
- Neighbors: Man led away in handcuffs from Jacksonville home raided by FBI, NCIS
- PHOTOS: Inside former Jacksonville Jaguar Kevin Hardy's home for sale
- Child with measles was brought to Wolfson Children's Hospital emergency room
- LIST: Halloween events in the Jacksonville area
“We purchased this building to meet the growing needs of the church and expand our ability to serve this community. We count it a blessing to be able to cement our affinity for the Arlington community by being an active participant in the renaissance of Regency Square Mall and the surrounding area,” George Davis, the pastor of Impact Church, said.
Plans are for Impact Church to move into this newly constructed space by August of 2020.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.