JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Darryl Ewing appeared in court Monday morning entering a not guilty plea in the death of an infant left in a hot day care van in May. His charges have been upgraded to aggravated manslaughter of a child.
- Brooklyn died following the incident at Ewing's Love & Hope Preschool & Academy on Jacksonville's Westside. She was 4 months old.
- Ewing, the co-owner of the day care, was the driver of the van where Brooklyn was left in for nearly five hours. He faces a charge of child neglect.
- He entered a plea at his arraignment hearing.
- The hearing had been pushed back at least 18 times, according to court records.
- The day care is no longer open
© 2020 Cox Media Group