JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Jacksonville Mayor Lenny Curry said Friday morning in a tweet, that he and his team have come to an agreement regarding the Florida-Georgia game contract.
Georgia-Florida game to stay in Jacksonville through 2023: What you need to know about the deal
- Restaurant Report: Four Jacksonville restaurants temporarily close due to violations
- WHAT TO KNOW: Sea and Sky Air Show 2019 in Jacksonville Beach
- Gilbert's Social announces closure of Southside Blvd. location
- Jacksonville mayor reaches agreement to extend Florida-Georgia game to 2023
- Some Jacksonville residents will soon experience trash pickup schedule changes
The game has now been extended to 2023 with an option to extend to 2025.
Mayor Curry said the contract will be finalized in the upcoming weeks and will head to city council for approval.
RELATED: Florida-Georgia weekend to feature baseball game, concert | Fan Guide: Annual Georgia-Florida game takes over Jacksonville
STAY UPDATED: Download the Action News Jax app for live updates on breaking stories
Cox Media Group