JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office is investigating human remains discovered in the 11700 block of Beach Boulevard, which is just east of Interstate 295.
The Sheriff's Office said that two people were looking for a missing dog in a wooded area and came across human remains.
The Sheriff's Office said that at this time it does not know how long the remains have been there or gender or age of the victim.
This is a developing story. Refresh this page, follow @ActionNewsJax on Twitter and watch FOX30 Action News Jax at 10 for updates.
- Skeletal remains found in woods in Northwest Jacksonville belongs to missing 18-year-old
- Action News Jax gets results after ignored complaints of mice, roach-infested local apartments
- Police searching for Gabriella Vitale, toddler reported missing from Michigan campsite
- Nassau deputies find babies in roach-infested home while investigating burglaries
- 11 percent of Florida's lowest performing elementary schools are in Duval County
© 2019 Cox Media Group.