A judge on Thursday waived court appearances for three people accused in the attempted murder of an 86-year-old man.
The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office announced Wednesday that three people had been arrested in the attempted killing, robbery and kidnapping of the man earlier this month.
The Orange Park Medical Center said Thursday that Clark remains in stable condition.
Douglas Cercy, 34, Jennifer Schulte, 37, and Ray Jones, 21, have all been arrested for attempted murder, robbery and kidnapping, JSO said.
"The investigation determined the victim was lured to the Westside, where he was kidnapped at gunpoint, robbed of property, including his car, and taken to the woods, where his throat was slashed," said Scott Dingee, JSO's assistant chief of investigations.
Police said all three suspects have been arrested in the past. The group was found in Boca Raton, roughly 50 miles from where Clark's car was dumped.
All three suspects are in jail in Palm Beach County.
While police said they are unable to talk to Clark because he is medically unable to talk, they had enough evidence for the arrests.
This is a developing story. Refresh this page, follow @ActionNewsJax on Twitter and watch Action News Jax for updates.
© 2020 Cox Media Group