- Velvet Burns was found stabbed to death in May, inside her home along Doris Lane on Jacksonville's Westside, by police.
- Police discovered an affair between Jerry Burns and Love and plotted to have Velvet killed.
- Love and Jerry are facing second-degree murder charges
- Jerry allegedly paid Love $5,000 to bring the killers to their home.
- Love previously pleaded not guilty but then changed her plea to guilty in July.
- Jerry allegedly promised to split the money from Velvet's life insurance with Love after the murder was complete.
- Investigators also used forensic evidence to link Stephen Hand to the crime.
- Police say a witness saw Hand stabbing Velvet and throwing away evidence.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.