JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — The Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department said a fire it was working on Blyer Street in North Jacksonville was deadly.
JFRD said a woman in her 50's was inside the home when it caught fire.
Action News Jax reporter Russell Colburn was at the scene Tuesday evening. Witnesses tell him the woman ran back into the home to rescue her dogs.
- Officers investigating shooting on Riberia Street in St. Augustine
- Photos: UNF students' pictures with Jacksonville Uber driver go viral
- Missing child's body found in dumpster; mother, her partner charged
- Missing Jacksonville 9-year-old boys found safe
- Jacksonville car dealership forced to pay more than one million in alleged defrauding scheme
- Victoria's Secret hires its first openly transgender model, Valentina Sampaio
Cox Media Group