JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - According to the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office, a motorcycle and a small SUV collided on Beaver Street Monday morning, causing lane closures in the area. The lanes have since reopened.
Traffic Homicide investigators are looking into the cause of the crash.
The motorcyclist was not wearing a helmet, according to JSO. He was taken to a local hospital with life-threatening injuries.
Drivers should expect delays in the New Town area of Jacksonville's Westside due to a crash involving a car and a motorcycle.
The crash happened Monday morning on Beaver Street at Rushing Street, according to Jacksonville Fire and Rescue.
This is the crash on Beaver Street at Rushing. We can see the motorcycle down in the road and an SUV with front end damage behind it. Right now all lanes of Beaver are closed between Myrtle and Tyler. @ActionNewsJax @WOKVNews pic.twitter.com/olBsasLXau— Brittney Donovan (@brittneyANjax) June 17, 2019
JFRD crews say there are "critical injuries and multiple patients."
Crews are responding to a traffic accident on Beaver Street at Rushing Street to a car vs a motorcycle with critical injuries and multiple patients....expect delays.— MyJFRD (@JFRDJAX) June 17, 2019
- Guns N' Roses to perform at Vystar Veterans Memorial Arena in Jacksonville
- 7th American tourist dead in Dominican Republic while celebrating her birthday
- Deadly shooting at apartments near Jacksonville University
- Recall alert: Ragu pasta sauces recalled due to plastic fragments
- St. Johns County bicyclists killed after hit-and-run: Deputies find car, not suspect
© 2019 Cox Media Group.