JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - After a three-day, multicounty search, the woman who police say was carjacked and kidnapped by her boyfriend has now been found safe.
The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office said it's unclear if a crime even happened.
Marsha Higgins and her boyfriend, Brad Chilton, were found safe in Volusia County.
- Window decal allows Clay deputies to stop your car in the early-morning hours without cause
- Health inspectors found dozens of roaches at Little Caesars, Crafty Crab
- Missing woman who may have been carjacked by her boyfriend texted for help, JSO report says
- Minshew mania, Jalen Ramsey, Mike Tyson and a wedding at the Jags vs. Titans game
- Plan to change St. Augustine traffic patterns prompts concern from locals
JSO made the announcement on Twitter around 3 p.m. Friday with a short message that said the couple was safe and thanked the public for the "abundance of tips" they received.
Action News Jax first reported at noon how a text from Higgins to someone in Tennessee started the investigation.
According to the police report, the text said: "Call the police. Tell them Brad has carjacked me with me in the car and is threatening to kill me."
The couple was last seen in Jacksonville Beach, and then yesterday, JSO said they were spotted in Volusia County on Wednesday night.
Action News Jax asked JSO if anyone was arrested or whether they believe the report of a carjacking and kidnapping was false.
But public information officer Melissa Bujeda wouldn't respond to our questions directly.
Instead she said, "Your answers are in the news release I just wrote. The investigation is active and ongoing. It is undetermined at this time if a crime occurred."
© 2019 Cox Media Group.