The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office said around 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday night officers responded to a report of a shooting on Labelle Street.
The Sheriff's Office said a white female between the ages of 18 and 23 had at least one gunshot wound and was transported to the hospital. The woman died during surgery, according to the Sheriff's Office.
The Sheriff's Office said everyone who was at the apartment is detained and is being questioned. The Sheriff's Office has not determined a suspect at this time.
The Sheriff's Office has not confirmed whether or not the shooting took place inside the apartment or if the bullet came from outside.
- Number of 'sugar babies' at UNF doubles in less than a year
- TBI: Man on Tennessee's Most Wanted List may be in Jacksonville
- Jacksonville police raid lounge after complaints of drugs and prostitution
- UNF employee found dead in Student Union building
- PHOTOS: Community supports Brunswick family after letter complains about sons' memorial
- Jacksonville police investigating deadly shooting in Riverside neighborhood
The Sheriff's Office is asking anyone with information to please to come forward and to call the Sheriff's Office at 904-630-0500.
Three neighbors told Action News Jax that a guy was playing with a gun and accidentally shot a woman.
A dad of one of the people at the apartment told Action News Jax that the shooting happened in his daughter's apartment. The dad said that his daughter had friends over when a man pulled out a gun.
The dad said that the woman was accidentally shot and was alive when an ambulance arrived.
© 2019 Cox Media Group