DUVAL COUNTY, Fla. — Every week, Action News Jax investigates local child care centers to show you how they measure up to state guidelines. In this week’s Kid Care report, Letisha Bereola visits two day cares with consistently clean inspections.
Anchor Letisha Bereola went over 15 inspection reports from the Department of Children and Families this week and all of them were violation free. Two stood out from the rest:
For Your Child Only Victory Land on Avenue B in Moncrief is one of them. The last time the facility had a violation was in 2016, for a background screening that wasn't done in time and was since corrected.
The second day care with a clean inspection report is Episcopal Children's Services Northside Early Head Start.
According to DCF records, the center has been opened since 2016 and has never had a violation.
The center provides comprehensive early learning and is free for children from low-income families.
Bereola spoke with the day care's CEO, Connie Stophel, about the success of the program.
"They live up to their reputation of being just a really good center," Stophel said.
To search for your day care's latest inspection and to see the most recent clean reports, click here.
Recent day cares that are violation free in their latest inspections:
- A Bright Beginning Child Care, 9762 Deer Lake Ct.
- God's Little People Christian Academy Inc., 5515 Ramona Blvd
- Wayman Early Learning Academy Westside, 1176 Labelle St.
- Bundles of Joy Academy Inc., 75 E. 43rd St
- Two Angels Academy LLC, 8927 Lem Turner Rd.
- North Florida Educational Institute, 6803 Arques Rd.
- Chappell School FSCJ Kent Campus, 3939 Roosevelt Blvd. D102
- Lamb Early Education Center, 601 Centre. St
- Little Temples Academy LLC, 2467 Faye Rd
- The Discovery Tree Academy San Pablo, 3232 San Pablo Rd. S
- T's Learning Center III, 11526 Lake Mead Avenue Suite 105
- Little Temples Child Care Center, 3525 New Berlin Rd.
Cox Media Group