JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Every week Action News Jax investigates local child care centers to show you how they measure up to state guidelines.
In this week’s Kid Care Report, Letisha Bereola went through 11 reports from the Department of Children and Families report.
Two day care centers stood out from the rest for a strong record of clean inspections.
Bereola visited Kidz Korner Childcare and Learning Center LLC on Jacksonville’s Northside, and was instantly met with smiling faces. The last eight inspections were violation-free.
The last violation DCF found was in April of 2017 for an expired fire extinguisher tag.
She spoke with the child care’s director, Delores Williams.
“We try to have a lot of love here with our kids. They love us, we love them,” Williams said.
Next in this week’s report: Tutor Time Learning Center in Oakleaf.
The center offers infant care to school-aged programs for area kids.
Its last seven inspections were violation-free.
The only violation Bereola found since the center reopened was in August 2017 for an oven and refrigerator that needed cleaning.
Bereola spoke to someone from their front desk, but they preferred to let the report speak for itself.
To search for your day care’s latest inspection and to see the most recent clean reports, click here.
Recent day cares that are violation free in their latest inspections:
- Future Duck Early Learning Inc, 4416 Brentwood Ave.
- Sunrise Day Care and Learning Center, 12422 Woodland Dr.
- Episcopal Children's Services Westside Early Head Start, 2648 W 5th St.
- Pearl Academy LLC, 450 Busch Drive # 5a & 6
- Mariya's Learning Center, 1029 Edgewood Ave. N
- God's Kingdom Academy, 10696 Lem Turner Rd. Ste 15
- Baymeadows Children's Academy, 8386 Baymeadows Rd. Ste 100
Cox Media Group