JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — A multiple vehicle crash shut down multiple northbound lanes and southbound lanes of Interstate 95 near J.Turner Butler Boulebard for hours on Friday afternoon.
The Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department reported a person was trapped.
JFRD said that a patient was rescued from a vehicle and that the patient was transported to the hospital with serious injuries.
JFRD said the rescue was a very difficult extrication.
The crash caused traffic to come to a standstill for people traveling near I-95 and JTB.
Some drivers were stuck on the highway for hours due to that accident. One person was taken to the hospital but, thankfully, no one was killed. The crash was so severe an RV had to be removed from the median.
Sky Action News Jax captured an aerial view of the crash, you could see a white RV against the guard rail. There was also a small vehicle pinned in between. Police said one person was rescued from that car and taken to a hospital but the cause of the crash is unknown.
People like Butler Collins and his friends were inside one of the many cars that were stuck. He said it was a huge inconvenience but he was glad to know no one died.
“It was miserable, I’m not sure what happened. We got about seven more hours left in our trip so we’re not excited about it,” Collins said.
There were several other crashes around the same time Friday afternoon. Police there was a five-car chain reaction crash said near I-295 and Baymeadows. No one was seriously injured in that crash.
There was another crash in Baker County that was fatal.
- Parents afraid to send their children to Jacksonville school due to recent fights
- 'Daddy, no!': Chris Watts' 4-year-old daughter begged for life after mom, sister murdered
- Florida Blue said it is hiring 200 employees in Jacksonville who will have summers off
- OSHA fines USPS in Jacksonville $129,336 for exposing mail carriers to August heat
- Video appears to show Jacksonville teacher pulling First Coast High School student's hair
© 2020 Cox Media Group