Police said a man who was critically injured in a jet ski accident in St. Johns County on Friday has died from his injuries.
George R. Brezina Jr., 63, was critically injured while jet skiing with his family in the Intracoastal Waterway south of the State Road 312 bridge on Friday afternoon.
The U.S. Coast Guard said it got a call about a man who injured his neck when he crashed into a sandbar on Friday around 3:15 p.m.
St. Johns County Fire Rescue picked him up by boat and took him to the hospital.
Brezina died from his injuries at UF Health Jacksonville late Friday.
Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission is investigating the cause of the accident.
According to FWC, Brezina was on one jet ski and his wife and daughter were on another jet ski.
There was no collision between the two jet skis, FWC said.
Trending on ActionNewsJax.com:
- Father celebrates son's birthday 30 years after doctors said he would only live to 2
- Jacksonville woman remembered by family, friends as police search for killer
- Army vet with incredible aim saves eagle by shooting it out of tree
- WATCH: When a woman scolds a girl for selling candy, this good Samaritan saves the day
- Amputee gets angry note for parking in handicapped space at Walmart
Cox Media Group