ST. JOHNS COUNTY, Fla. - A multistate manhunt that started in Pennsylvania and continued in Florida has now ended in West Virginia.
U.S. Marshals have arrested 21-year-old Jack Elijah Turner in Charleston, West Virginia after he was last spotted in St. Augustine.
SUSPECT CAUGHT. @ActionNewsJax has confirmed that US Marshals arrested Jack Turner while he was changing buses in Charleston, WV. He was reportedly headed back to Pennsylvania. Tune in at 5 on CBS47 & FOX30 for the latest. https://t.co/QaLEvvRn2L— Lorena Inclán (@LorenaANjax) August 14, 2019
Turner is from St. Augustine, spent some time there growing up and still knows people in the area.
Turner had been on the run since Aug. 10 after investigators say the bodies of his stepmom and 10-year-old brother were found by a family member.
He was also wanted on a robbery charge.
CONTENT CONTINUES BELOW:
- Pennsylvania man sought in deaths of stepmom, 10-year-old half-brother spotted in St. Johns County
- Photos: Car slams into store in Murray Hill
- Todd Chrisley, wife indicted by federal grand jury on tax evasion charges
- VIDEO: Mysterious fog leaves passengers on Jacksonville flight shaken
- One-of-a-kind indoor sports facility planned for St. Johns County
- Teen robbed after meeting someone online to buy an iPhone in Jacksonville
- Photos: Local students on their first day of school for 2019-2020 school year
Turner went live on Facebook on Monday for about 24 seconds. He didn't say anything in the video, but you can hear him breathing heavily while people commented urging him to turn himself in.
The five-day search ended Wednesday when a Crimestoppers tip led police to a Greyhound station in Charleston, nearly 700 miles away from where he was last spotted.
The U.S. Marshals tell Action News Jax a taxi dropped him off at the Greyhound station in Jacksonville Tuesday. Turner was on his way back to Pennsylvania when he missed his connection in Charleston and was caught by U.S. Marshals.
The U.S. Marshals say no one else is facing charges right now but that could change if they learn that someone was helping Turner while he was on the run.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.