JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office announced the Mathews Bridge back open after being in both directions due to police activity.
This is a breaking news event. Action News Jax reporter Beth Rousseau is at the scene of the briefing and is working to learn more about this incident -- Updates on CBS47 at 5 p.m.
- JSO told local news stations it would be holding a briefing at 3 p.m.; the briefing was moved to 4 p.m. after a 30 minute delay.
- The Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department initially responded to a female motorist in distress in the 5300 block of the Arlington Expressway.
- According to police, the woman picked up a package she'd ordered online and was concerned the package caused her medical episode.
- The package was given the all clear by JSO.
- The woman was checked out by JFRD, according to JSO.
- JSO said they are not sure what caused the womans medical issue.
- The Mathews Bridge is now open.
Cox Media Group