JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - A crash Friday evening involving a motorcycle and a car resulted in the driver of the motorcycle being taken to the hospital with life-threatening injuries, the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office said.
- Officials working to contain Yellow Bluff wildfire that closed I-95, investigating cause of fire
- Restaurant Report: Customers ask for refund after hearing latest inspection at local eatery
- Here's your traffic information regarding the Yellow Bluff fire
- Florida governor signs bill allowing military teens to wear uniforms at graduation
- St. Augustine student says she was suspended indefinitely over gun photo
Officers arrived at the scene around 6 P.M. at the intersection of Fairfax and Dot streets northwest of downtown.
Witnesses said the motorcycle ran a stop sign and crashed into a car, according to police.
#JSO Traffic Homicide is working a traffic crash near Fairfax Street and W. 4th Street. Vehicle vs. Motorcycle, one individual transported to the hospital with life threatening injuries. #JAX #Jacksonville— Jax Sheriff's Office (@JSOPIO) May 24, 2019
A media briefing said that the driver of the motorcycle, a male who appeared to be in his 30s, was not wearing a helmet.
There were three adults in the car who sustained minor injuries.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.