JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - A disturbing find in a local Jacksonville community, has neighbors on edge.
A woman’s body was found in a wooded area near North Mcduff Avenue and west hird street in Woodstock Monday night.
Crime scene tape is the only sign of a violent crime near North Mcduff Avenue and West Third Street in Jacksonville.
- Skeletal remains found in woods in Northwest Jacksonville belongs to missing 18-year-old
- Action News Jax gets results after ignored complaints of mice, roach-infested local apartments
- Police searching for Gabriella Vitale, toddler reported missing from Michigan campsite
- Nassau deputies find babies in roach-infested home while investigating burglaries
- 11 percent of Florida's lowest performing elementary schools are in Duval County
Stanley Wycht says this is his neighborhood.
“It’s an easy place you can drop a body, back up and go on about your business,” Wycht explained.
The discovery makes him nervous.
“That’s the path our family was raised on, that street and for a body to be found like that there, it’s sad,” Wycht added.
The woman’s body was found close to a home that was destroyed in a fire Sunday morning.
“Me my sister and brother walked around there, and fire trucks were all on the road,” Wycht said.
“If it was there the day before we would’ve seen it,” he added.
A search of JSO crime database shows since last month officers have responded to more than 30 reports of criminal activity in the area., including nine assaults, five burglaries, and a homicide just a few blocks away.
Wycht now hopes whoever killed the woman dumped here is caught soon.
“She got a family somewhere and that really hurts,” said Wycht.
Action News Jax is working to learn the name of the victim.
According to a JSO spokesperson tells it is an open investigation.
If you know anything about the discovery you’re asked to call the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.