Wednesday Gov. Ron DeSantis signed a new bill aimed to help patients reduce health care cost.
The signing took place at CenterOne health care facility in Jacksonville.
The Patient Savings Act Bill was designed to put patients in control of their health care, and the new bill will let them know the cost of care before they pay for it.
DeSantis said the bill was created to help people reduce health care cost.
The bill would allow families to be able to go to a transparency website to see the cost of their health care and shop around to compare prices.
This could ultimately cut the price of medication and services. Some doctors like Bruce Madden in favor of the bill believe it will be especially beneficial for patients with small children.
- JSO: Suspects with hammers rob Jared jewelry store located at the Town Center
- Families rallying around children of St. Simmons Island couple killed in head-on crash
- SJSO: Party thrown in model home in Ponte Vedra causes damage
- Photos: Men arrested, accused of using Macclenny home as 'market place' for drugs
- 3-month-old baby girl dies in sweltering car after mother forgets her
“Health care costs are very big deal especially for young people families. They need to have the opportunity to both make choices and also to save,” Madden said.
The Patient Savings Act will go into effect July 1, 2019.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.