The owner of a Jacksonville bakery is in Haiti on a missionary trip and says the missionary group is in danger as they try to help others in need after an attack on the clinic and several homes in the community March 17.
- The missionary clinic which provides free services was burned March 17 along with one of the houses the missionaries built in the village.
- 70 armed gunmen burned 7 homes the evening of March 16, 4 of them were built by the mission.
- 150 children were evacuated from an orphanage
- 4 villagers were captured.
- Armed gunmen come down from the mountains at night and sometimes during the day, terrorizing unarmed villagers and missionaries.
- Unrest has been going on since November 2017
- 1 person has been killed.
- A school house was burned in February.
© 2020 Cox Media Group