COLUMBIA COUNTY, Fla. — A pilot killed in a military plane crash in California is from Northeast Florida.
Action News Jax confirmed Lt. Col. Ira Eadie, who grew up in Lake City, was killed after ejecting from a U-2 spy plane just after takeoff Tuesday in Northern California.
Eadie also formerly served at Naval Air Station Jacksonville.
The other man has not been identified, but the Air Force said his injuries were not life-threatening and he’s in stable condition at a hospital.
Air Force officials called it a routine training mission.
Eadie was assigned to the First Reconnaissance Squadron at Beale Air Force Base. He was a 20-year member of the military.
Military officials will look into if Eadie’s chute opened and if he hit debris on the way down.
Trending on ActionNewsJax.com:
- Video shows mom overdosing in toy aisle
- Sex trafficking survivor opens up to tell her unbelievable story
- Wife admits to shooting husband in Jacksonville drug money dispute
- Clay High School student threatened with referral over confederate flag
- Jacksonville police: Woman riding scooter dies after being hit by vehicle
Cox Media Group