Two puppies are dead – and deputies blame a man trying to make money selling them.
Deputies said Malachi Dentry, 20, was carrying two puppies crammed into a purse, with no water, and no ventilation.
Action News Jax got exclusive surveillance video showing Dentry walking in the Lewis Point Plaza Saturday afternoon approaching people.
It also shows him walking into a store and talking to an employee about the puppies.
After a few seconds, he pulls them out. After receiving a complaint, deputies showed up and found Dentry behind the shopping plaza.
- Sri Lanka explosions: Easter Sunday blasts at churches, hotels kill more than 200
- Church’s parking lot vandalized after someone did doughnuts in it
- JSO: 2-year-old girl shot in the foot off East 44th Street
- FHP: Head-on crash leaves 2 dead
- Easter bunny hops in, throws punches during fight in Florida
Deputies said the puppies had to be euthanized because they were severely dehydrated and had parvo.
According to the police report, Dentry’s wife told deputies the puppies were given to them by a man in the shopping plaza parking lot, with instructions to sell them.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.