JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office is working a reported drowing in the 10200 block on Old St. Augustine Road.
#JSO is working a reported drowning in the 10200 block of Old St Augustine Road.— Jax Sheriff's Office (@JSOPIO) June 12, 2019
JSO said in a briefing Tuesday night that a resident saw a body floating in a pond in the middle of the Coopers Hawks apartment complex and called 911.
The victim was pronounced dead at the scene and is a black young adult between the age of 15 and 20-years-old, JSO said.
JSO said they male was found face down and unresponsive, but the cause of death is not yet known.
The medical examiner is now on scene and working to determine the cause of death, according to JSO.
JSO said they do not suspect fould play right now, but the medical examiner still has to determine the cause of death.
JSO said they will be going through missing persons reports and other information to help indentify the victim.
Action News Jax reporter Beth Rousseau is at the scene and is working to learn more about the incident.
#UPDATE: JSO says a tenant at Cooper Hawks Apartments spotted a body floating in a complex pond. Police tell us they found a 15-20 year old male floating face down. We'll have a LIVE look at where this is happening AT 10 on FOX30 @ActionNewsJax https://t.co/XaJ7Qs14h2— Beth Rousseau (@BethANJax) June 12, 2019
- Another American tourist died in Dominican Republic after drink from hotel minibar, family says
- Child, mother bitten by dog at animal shelter in Jacksonville, City officials confirm
- Jacksonville skimmers among hundreds found at Florida gas stations
- Mother of 3-year-old killed at Hog Waller in 2011 speaks after weekend death
- Three neighborhoods will allow Clay County Sheriff's Office to tap into surveillance cams
© 2019 Cox Media Group.