JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office said officers were called to the 1300 block of North McDuff Avenue, Monday night after a woman was found dead.
Police responded to the area at approximately 8 p.m. after receiving a call from someone regarding a body being found.
When officers arrived, the Sheriff's Office said they discovered the body of a woman on the side of the road.JSO said foul play is suspected.
The Sheriff's Office said that at this point in the investigation, the cause of death has not been determined and JSO does not know the woman's identity.
Officials said there is no indication of how long the body had been there.
- House fire on McDuff Avenue in Jacksonville, JFRD says
- Camden County mom charged with murder, child cruelty in death of 5-year-old child
- Mom of girl seen licking medical equipment in doctor's office arrested
- Jacksonville mother says man threatened her with ax
- JSO: Murder investigation leads to multiple arrests
Officers are working to speak with anyone who may have information.
The Sheriff's Office also said that this area is not heavily traveled.
If you have any information on this incident, police ask that you call JSO at 904-630-0500 or CrimeStoppers at 1-866-845-TIPS.
This is a developing story. Refresh this page, follow @ActionNewsJax on Twitter and watch Action News Jax for the latest.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.