JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - Researchers from the Secret Service's National Threat Assessment Center released a new report on mass shooting in the United States in 2018.
WHAT WE KNOW:
- According to the findings in the report, most of the attacks in 2018 happened at a business.
- 91 people were killed in places they normally feel safe like their workplace, schools and other public places.
- Jacksonville was one of three Florida cities where a mass shooting took place.
- The report showed that the shooters were typically men, and on average 37 years old
- Jacksonville one of three Florida cities included in the report.
- 67% had mental health symptoms, motivations for attacks varied. More than half motivated by personal or professional issues.
- Information gathered in a effort to prevent mass shootings.
- 85% of shooters experienced stressors.
- Newborn baby attacked, killed by family dog, sheriff says
- Jacksonville 19-year-old lives on through organ donation
- Dozens of drivers stop on Georgia highway to grab cash that spilled onto road
- Florida woman arrested, accused of urinating in ice cream machine
- Kid Care Report: Westside day care reportedly left toddlers alone, DCF says
© 2019 Cox Media Group.