JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — UPDATE 10/17 6 a.m.: Officials with the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office said three arrests were made Wednesday in the armed burglary and theft of a JSO cruiser.
JSO said a tip led to the recovery of the stolen police car, but several guns and police body armor are still missing.
JSO arrested Juan Anibal Otero on charges of armed burglary, auto theft, carrying a concealed firearm and possession of cocaine and marijuana. Orialys Santiago-Maldonado was arrested on charges of armed burglary and auto theft. Kyler Evans was arrested for armed burglary, auto theft and possession of marijuana.
UPDATE 10:57 p.m. - JSO is reporting that the stolen patrol car has been found.
ORIGINAL STORY - The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office is reporting that one of its JSO marked police cars has been stolen.
The Sheriff's Office said an officer returned from vacation to find her house had been burglarized and her marked patrol car was missing.
JSO is saying that firearms are also missing as well as other police related equipment may have been inside the police car.
JSO said, "The vehicle is clearly marked with all applicable JSO related insignia and is numbered with #2184."
The Sheriff's Office said that it believes that car was stolen Sunday morning on Jacksonville's Westside.
Anyone who knows anything about this missing patrol car is asked to contact the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office at 904-630-0500 or email at JSOCrimeTips@jaxsheriff.org.
- Joleen Cummings case: Murder suspect Kimberly Kessler is competent, treatment staff says
- Jacksonville star high school basketball player shot on walk home, source says
- Changes are coming to this year's Sea and Sky Air Show at Jax Beach
- Florida Department of Health confirms measles case in Duval County
- Florida toddler dies after being left in hot Jeep outside Tampa home, police say
- LIST: Halloween events in the Jacksonville area
© 2020 Cox Media Group