ST. JOHNS COUNTY, Fla. - A man was arrested after his was card declined at Publix and he proceeded to threaten an employee with a box cutter on Friday, the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office reported.
The incident took place at 7:44 p.m. at the Publix located at 120 Marketside Avenue.
The Sheriff's Office said that Thomas Earl Bennett, 50, pulled out the box cutter which was located on his right hip. He then told the Publix employee that he was going to cut his throat, watch him bleed and "lay him out on the floor," according to SJSO.
- Officials working to contain Yellow Bluff wildfire that closed I-95, investigating cause of fire
- Restaurant Report: Customers ask for refund after hearing latest inspection at local eatery
- Here's your traffic information regarding the Yellow Bluff fire
- Florida governor signs bill allowing military teens to wear uniforms at graduation
- St. Augustine student says she was suspended indefinitely over gun photo
Upon watching the surveillance video, the Sheriff's Office saw the Publix employee back away from the suspect and he continued to walk towards the employee in an agressive manner. The surveilance also showed the suspect putting his finger in the victim's face.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.