ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. - After serving a search warrant at Smitty's Internet Cafe Thursday, the St. Augustine Police Investgations Unit found that the business was operating as an illegal gambling establishment.
- Officials working to contain Yellow Bluff wildfire that closed I-95, investigating cause of fire
- Restaurant Report: Customers ask for refund after hearing latest inspection at local eatery
- Here's your traffic information regarding the Yellow Bluff fire
- Florida governor signs bill allowing military teens to wear uniforms at graduation
- St. Augustine student says she was suspended indefinitely over gun photo
The investigation was prompted after police received multiple complaints of criminal activity and noise ordinance violations.
As a result of the investigation, the business was closed.
Police said that although no arrests were made on the scene, charges are pending and the case remains an active investigation.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.