ST. JOHNS COUNTY, Fla. - Deputies in St. Johns County are actively searching for the driver of a stolen vehicle who rammed into a patrol car, the Sheriff’s Office said.
The St. Johns County Sheriff’s Office said deputies tried pulling over the stolen vehicle, but the driver refused to stop and hit a patrol car before crashing. The pursuit began in Julington Creek.
There is police activity in the I-95/210 area where police K9s, air support, and law enforcement are looking for a suspect who fled from a stolen vehicle after hitting a deputy’s vehicle. SJSO, FHP, and JSO are on scene.— SJSO (@SJSOPIO) May 22, 2019
Please make sure your doors are locked. pic.twitter.com/NwLGHcy4Ns
Massive law enforcement presence in St. Johns County on C.R. 210 near I-95 as deputies search for the driver of a stolen vehicle they say hit a patrol car, then ditched the vehicle. @ActionNewsJax pic.twitter.com/aXr7gAxqd1— Christy Turner (@ChristyANJax) May 22, 2019
The suspect ditched the vehicle near C.R. 210 and I-95.
- VIDEO: Teacher appears to body slam student while breaking up fight
- Mom watches son, boyfriend drown after rip currents drag pair out to sea in North Carolina
- Local man convicted of killing wife, burying body in 1993 sentenced to life in prison
- Sailors discharged after accused of creating sexually explicit list
- Jacksonville man pleads guilty to claiming false FEMA benefits during Hurricanes Matthew, Irma
SJSO said it’s unclear if the driver was the only person in the vehicle.
This is a developing story. Refresh this page, follow @ActionNewsJax on Twitter and watch Action News Jax for updates.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.