ST. JOHNS COUNTY, Fla. - A woman in St. Johns County woke up to find her 2007 GMC Yukon burglarized and the words “I stole your s***” scratched into the vehicle door, a police report said.
The burglary happened in a remote part of the county near Elkton. Whoever broke into the car stole $5 in change.
"I was in utter and total shock, and then angry," the victim told Action News Jax. The victim added that the damage to the door would be "in the thousands" to repair.
The St. Johns County Sheriff’s Office also recovered a miniature baseball bat left by the suspected burglar. Authorities were able to obtain a DNA swab from the bat.
Trending on ActionNewsJax.com:
- Ruben Ebron writes letter to Action News Jax reporter
- Analysis reveals rat DNA in hamburger sold at grocery stores and fast-food chains
- Wedding guest gets email from bride with 'gift adjustment' request
- St. Johns woman's car burglarized, vulgar message scratched in door
- USDA report: Zookeeper killed by tiger did not follow safety protocol
© 2019 Cox Media Group.