PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. - UPDATE 7:20 P.M.: Police have released the name of the man who was killed during on State Road 20 Friday afternoon.
- Officials working to contain Yellow Bluff wildfire that closed I-95, investigating cause of fire
- Restaurant Report: Customers ask for refund after hearing latest inspection at local eatery
- Here's your traffic information regarding the Yellow Bluff fire
- Florida governor signs bill allowing military teens to wear uniforms at graduation
- St. Augustine student says she was suspended indefinitely over gun photo
According to police, witnesses said Kody O'Hara, 21, was talking to the occupants of a black four-door sedan when a dispute occured.
The vehicle pulled out of the parking lot with O'Hara holding onto a door of the vehicle before he lost his grip and fell off.
Police found O'Hara deceased when they arrived at the scene.
Kody O’Hara, 21, of Interlachen is the man who died Friday afternoon on State Road 20 in Interlachen. O’Hara was holding onto the side of the car when he lost his grip. Cause of death will be determined by autopsy. Still looking for a 4-door black sedan.— Putnam County (Fla.) SO (@PutnamCountySO) May 24, 2019
PCSO said earlier descriptions of the vehicle were inaccurate and the make and model are currently unknown.
The Putnam County Sheriff's Office said that State Road 20 near Lady Slipper Lake Road is closed while they investigate a fatal hit-and-run.
PCSO has confirmed that the victim is an adult male.
SR 20 CLOSED NEARY LADY SLIPPER LAKE ROAD - Deputies are currently investigating a death involving a black 4-door Acura in the area of Lady Slipper Lake Rd. SR 20 is closed in that area. Find an alternate route if headed west toward Gainesville. No further info at this time. pic.twitter.com/CNByB6ejpJ— Putnam County (Fla.) SO (@PutnamCountySO) May 24, 2019
© 2019 Cox Media Group.