JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - The Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department said they responded to a crash involving three cars in the drive-through of a McDonalds on McCormick and Monument roads.
JFRD received the call at 6:23 p.m. Sunday and said there was a medical transport after the crash.
CONTENT CONTINUES BELOW:
- PHOTOS: Alligator seen climbing fence at Naval Air Station Jacksonville
- Family identifies woman whose body was found 8 miles from hit-and-run site
- Coast Guard, other agencies searching for two missing firefighters off coast of Port Canaveral
- Bradford County: Fruit stand catches fire on US-301 north of Lawtey
- Former Longhorns, Bears, Bengals player Cedric Benson dead at 36
The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office Tweeted that Traffic Homicide was at the scene investigating.
The general manager at the McDonalds location told Action News Jax the restaurant is still open, but the drive-through closed because the speakers and menu display were damaged.
The woman inside the blue car was Tara Pousland who was getting dinner with her 15 year old daughter.
“We were in the middle of placing our order and I heard this loud thump noise,” Pousland said.
The two had just pulled forward in line when suddenly they heard a loud crash.
“When I looked behind me I saw the jeep in midair coming towards my car,” Pousland said.
She and her daughter are sore but the driver behind them got the brunt of the crash. One person was taken to the hospital.
“If it was 15 seconds earlier me and my daughter would have been under the Jeep we had just pulled up to order… its crazy you’re in a drive thru who thinks they are going to see a car midair going towards you.” Pousland said.
McDonald's is operating even though their drive thru monitor has heavy damage.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.