JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - Two teenagers are recovering from a drive-by shooting that happened in Moncrief on Monday.
JSO says a 17 and 19-year-old were shot while walking on the sidewalk on W. 27th St. Both are expected to survive. A 15-year-old was also with them, but wasn’t hurt. Police are calling this a drive-by. @ActionNewsJax pic.twitter.com/VGvXrULivA— Christy Turner (@ChristyANJax) August 19, 2019
Police are searching for gunman who opened fire on a group of teens who were walking on the sidewalk West 27th Street.
According to JSO, a 17-year-old and a 19-year-old were shot. Both are expected to survive.
CONTENT CONTINUES BELOW:
- Coast Guard, other agencies searching for two missing firefighters off coast of Port Canaveral
- WATCH: Alligator climbs fence at Naval Air Station Jacksonville
- Three car pileup in McDonald's drive-thru
- Father of 4 who was former Raines, EWC football player killed in Jacksonville
- Family identifies woman whose body was found 8 miles from hit-and-run site
- PHOTOS: Alligator seen climbing fence at Naval Air Station Jacksonville
Action News Jax reporter Christy Turner spoke to one of the teens, a 15-year-old, who says his older brother protected him from the bullets. He did not want to go on camera for fear of his safety, but says his brother took a bullet in the arm while shielding him from the gunfire.
A witness told Action News Jax they believe there's more than one suspect because the gunfire came from the left rear passenger window.
Police are looking for a white Kia, possibly an Optima with tinted windows. At this time, the motive of the shooting remains unknown.
The 15-year-old says his brother was shot while protecting him from the bullets. The teen says he heard at least 5 gun shots. He says he blacked out after that. @ActionNewsJax pic.twitter.com/0fAC9Yk31u— Christy Turner (@ChristyANJax) August 19, 2019
© 2019 Cox Media Group.