JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - The University of North Florida and UNF Athletics have entered into a new partnership agreement with Under Armour, Inc.
The Baltimore-based global leader in performance footwear, apparel and equipment became the Ospreys official outfitter as of July 1. As part of a seven-year agreement that runs through June 30, 2026, the company will provide UNF's 19 varsity sports with on-field and off-field training gear, in addition to outfitting North Florida coaching and athletic department staff.
The Ospreys are the only Division I Under Armour school in the state of Florida.
- JSO: Online transaction meetup ends with armed carjacking, fiery crash in Mandarin
- Jacksonville 19-year-old lives on through organ donation
- Wendy's employee in Georgia diagnosed with hepatitis A handled food while infected
- Toddler slips from grandfather's hands, falls from cruise ship
- Michelle Carter, woman convicted in texting-suicide case, files appeal with U.S. Supreme Court
"We are extremely excited about this partnership with Under Armour," UNF Director of Athletics Lee Moon said. "This agreement provides the opportunity for all our teams and the athletic department to wear Under Armour's top level apparel and gear. We are pleased to join the Under Armour family."
North Florida's partnership provides for numerous benefits to Osprey Athletics ranging from recruiting and operational support to brand awareness. According to the university, some benefits include:
- Allotment of annual promotional dollars for purchasing apparel, equipment and uniforms
- Significantly reduced rate on all additional purchases of apparel and equipment
- Enhancement for athletic facilities through marketing and branding dollars
- Availability for all campus units to secure UA products at discounted rates
"From the beginning, our goal was for the Under Armour partnership to benefit not only UNF Athletics but also the University as a whole," Moon added. "We believe that this deal provides every athletic program with more resources for success while giving opportunities to all the units across campus to benefit as well. We feel this partnership accomplishes that goal."
© 2019 Cox Media Group.