JACKSONVILLE BEACH, Fla. - A man is recovering after being shot in a Jacksonville Taco Bell drive through on Monday.
A witness said he and his friend were at beach bars when Wesley Jackson approached them and started arguing with them.
The two decided to go to the Taco Bell drive-thru, but when they got there, they pulled up behind Jackson.
- Joleen Cummings case: Murder suspect Kimberly Kessler is competent, treatment staff says
- Jacksonville star high school basketball player shot on walk home, source says
- Submit your photos: Action Sports Jax Gardner Minshew Lookalike Contest
- Changes are coming to this year's Sea and Sky Air Show at Jax Beach
- Florida Department of Health confirms measles case in Duval County
- Florida toddler dies after being left in hot Jeep outside Tampa home, police say
- LIST: Halloween events in the Jacksonville area
The witness said Jackson got out of his car
“He comes up to my car, punches (my friend) through the window,” the witness said.
Jackson and victim begin to fight.
“I see the guy back up 20 feet, cock his gun back and shoot him (in) the ribs and then I see my friend drop.” The witness said.
The victim was shot in the torso and begged for help.
“He’s tellin’ me to come here, call 911, put pressure on his wound. I’m puttin’ pressure on his wound.” the witness said.
Police say Jackson and his friends left in their car, but police found them shortly after and transferred the witness to the scene to identify them.
The victim is expected to have surgery to remove the bullet in his back.
The witness said his friend is in good spirits. The two are thankful to be alive.
Jackson faces a first-degree attempted murder charge on a more than $500,000 bond.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.