An 8-year-old girl died after a tree toppled onto her family’s Florida house Friday morning.
The Leon County Sheriff’s Office said the tree fell through the house, injuring the girl and a 12-year-old boy, WTXL reported.
- Girl shaken as baby dies nearly 14 years later; father charged with homicide
- Department of Homeland Security agents responding to The Avenues Mall in Jacksonville
- JSO asking people in Moncrief area to stay inside, lock doors while police search for gunman
- Weather alert: Severe storms, heavy rain & isolated tornadoes possible Friday
- Hurricane Michael upgraded to a Category 5 at time of U.S. landfall
They were taken to a hospital, where the girl died. The boy is recovering from non-life-threatening injuries, WTXL reported.
A GoFundMe account was created to help the family.
County officials said other trees had also fallen on houses but did not release those locations, WTXL reported.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.