A toddler was shot and killed Tuesday evening when a man opened fire outside a home in Augusta, Georgia, deputies say.
According to the Augusta Chronicle, a bullet struck 2-year-old Jaziah Pollard when the man fired multiple shots into a home and vehicle following an argument with the girl's mother, the Richmond County Sheriff's Office said. The girl was pronounced dead at a nearby hospital.
- Florida woman 'infatuated' with Columbine shooting prompts school closures, manhunt, police say
- Local father outraged after judge grants sex offender visits with his 8-year-old daughter
- JSO officer runs stop sign, crashes into van with children inside, witness says
- Alleged aggressor in road rage that led to deadly crash had past problems behind the wheel
- Toddler killed when man shoots into Georgia home, vehicle, deputies say
Authorities said the man, who isn't related to Jaziah but shares a child with her mother, is in police custody, WFXG reported. The Sheriff's Office has not released his name.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.